Monday, October 09, 2006

Back From Genting...

yoo hoo! just came back from genting this morning(about 1.30am).. fortunately my parents decided to fetch me back, if not i'll have difficulty going home cos i only have ringgits with me...(canot take cab..haha)
anyway, i went on a 3D 2N trip to the Genting Highland with my sec sch fren, chinghui...aka rachelle( used-to-be rachael, duno why she change, but i prefer calling her by her chinese name) and her fellow colleagues working in the company, AMWAY. This trip there is actually to attend their 25th anniversary seminar and the great leaders in the company will be giving their successful stories and tips so that the newer and inexperienced members like my fren will try to follow and succeed. At first when she approached me, i was kinda rejective.. cos i reckoned that attending such seminars will be long and boring, and i haven't attended long lectures/seminars for 2 long yrs( ever since serving the army)... well, the seminars were indeed long, but not really boring...the speakers were mostly humorous and has great abilities to crack jokes.. i did not doze off though, but at times, there were some lapses of concentration and inability to focus clearly due to the long hours of sitting down and listening.. There were chances to dance too(haha) before they start the seminar and after the short breaks...so the general experience was quite fun...

I can't say that i did not pick up anything from the long seminars becos i was reminded of the many moral values which we chinese always emphasized on... values like loyalty, fillial piety and trust. According to the speakers, these moral values are actually the CORE values driving the organisation.. and it's simple values like these which form up the common successful formula in AMWAY. It was truly an enriching trip..

However, after going for the sales marketing plan talk and a bit of consideration plus some discussions with my family, i feel that now is not yet the time for me to get involved...That is becos I've got my path all sorted out during my last few months in the army, i took time to think about where i should go after i am discharged from the army and i am proud to say that i have a direction... though it is easy for one to have directions, it is the ability to stay motivated and determined to see myself through the path that is much more important, thus i can foresee myself having a hard time in Australia...

Therefore, i think that MLM is a pretty interesting and creative way of doing business and i think that for a business-idiot like me, i'll need plenty more time to learn about how it works before i really get myself involved....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home